Built in the 1800’s, the Blue Springs Militia District Courthouse was used for low level court proceedings until the 1920’s and continued as a voting precinct until the 2000 General Election. After the (in)famous “hanging chad” problem in Florida resulted in the U. S. Supreme Court having to determine the outcome of the Presidential Election, touch screen voting technology was implemented in Pulaski County, and all county voting was consolidated into a single location in Hawkinsville. The seven District Courthouses/Precincts were closed, and the Courthouses were sold at auction. Twin Oaks submitted a successful bid and moved it to its present location. It was renovated, decorated, a bathroom added and heating and air conditioning installed to create a cozy cottage that sleeps three. It is the lodging choice of many, especially parents or grandparents of the bride or groom.